Monday, June 24, 2013

More Weekend Renovations

Saturday Evening - hanging drywall





something the dogs dug up from somewhere... rolled up piece of sandpaper... I'm sure it's fine...

removing nails

future storage space

so much storage! (and a good view of the block and brick and old stair stringers)





drywall!






cutting the next piece of drywall


looks like they started a game of twister

tapin' and muddin'


last piece of drywall!

except for this piece... that'll be fun!

Sunday - skim coatin'



me and Nate took turns on this wall

Gary did this entire wall





Dinner break with Crow!!


I promise we didn't plan our outfits ahead of time!


OMG! Did you know she's pregnant!?!>!

More Skim Coating after dinner.



Gary's wall


unfinished door jamb in new door to basement

complete skim coat

So, the next step is sanding. This is by far the worst part ever. It takes forever. It makes a mess. It makes me wish I'd hired someone to do this instead of doing it ourselves! But, since it's a bit too late for that at this point, I think we're going to invite a bunch of people over, offer them booze and food, and give them all some sand paper! I'm thinking we could be done in no time if we can get about 15 - 20 people! :P

Who's in?!

is it snowing in here?






1 comment:

  1. these are fun! I love renovations. We did a bathroom and it took almost 4 months. Granted, we only worked some weekends and that was our first project.

    ReplyDelete